Monday, April 09, 2007

Saturday Easter Fun


Here are Mathew and Allison with our decorated Easter eggs. We should have colored more. I used lots for the potato salad. But it was fun to decorate them and use some pretty colors. I tried to make a variety but somehow my pink and purple always end up pretty much the same.



Here is Mathew holding his BIG easter egg. He has such a goofy smile. I am working on stopping it because he looks silly. We have been trying to get him to naturally smile and laugh because it is SO cute when he does. He is such a little candy pig. He would have had treats for breakfast, lunch, dinner, all snacks and all desserts if we had let him. Before church yesterday Michael told the kids they could have one bite of their chocolate bunny. They could have as big a bite as they wanted, but only one. Mathew got almost 1/3 of his bunny in that one bite. We could not believe how much he got in his mouth. Funny guy...


This was the first egg found during our Easter egg hunt. We think the kids enjoyed this years hunt the best yet. I kind of went overboard on the number of eggs, because I had all of them from last year still together. Some years I buy new ones or only can find some in our house. Allison was good at not telling Mathew where his eggs were. She understood not to tell that to him, but she would come close to Michael and I and tell us that she hadn't told him. Michael was videotaping and so we have that on tape. It took her a little while to find her big egg...but that is the fun of it. She kept ignoring Mathew almost telling her where it was. I think Mathew finally gave her too big of a hint, that she couldn't ignore.

All in all we had a fun Easter egg hunt and emptying of the eggs. Later we all went on a bike ride and I am excited to say that I pulled the two kids in the trailer the whole time and it wasn't too bad. I think my legs are in pretty good shape. I love riding bikes. We were able to ride around and look at different houses and neighborhoods and then took the kids to the Art City Museum for a little while. Allison enjoyed the art and was interested, but Mathew was still bored and had to be constantly watched and warned not to touch or get too close. After the museum we went to the grocery store and got some dinner. We just had a really great day!

No comments: