Monday, July 30, 2007

Heber Valley Girl's Camp


I wasn't able to go to girl's camp for the whole week this year, but I was able to go up for a day. I love girl's camp and the spirit and fun that is had there. This is one of the cabin's our ward stayed in. The theme this year was "Stand Tall And Never Doubt" (STAND). Each ward (or group) was assigned a value color and they each chose a tree. We were assigned blue and chose the "truffala tree." It is a Dr. Seuss tree. The girl's had to help find the spiritual thinking behind using a truffala tree.

We took this picture on Thursday while another leader and I were there. This is all our girl's and leaders minus one leader. It is tradition around here to make pajama bottoms to go with our camp shirts. I didn't get pj bottoms this year but I did get a shirt. I love how we all look when we are matching.

1 comment:

Janene said...

My singles ward has gone to Heber Valley Camp for the past couple of years to do service projects - such as making trails, placing a roof on a cabin, clearing logs, etc. We usually go in September after all the girls camps are over for the summer. I know that we have fun, so I bet the girls love going up there for camp.