C-A-N-N-I-N-G...First came the cherries on the cherry tree. Michael made cherry pie filling while the kids and I were in Arizona. We got 3 jars of filling out of it. We had eaten and given away the majority of the cherries from the tree, but in the end there were a few left and Michael wanted to make a pie with some of the cherries, so he made some filling. I have been a slacker and have not yet made a pie.
Next came the small batch of apricots. The apricots didn't really grow on our tree this year. But Michael got some from a ward member around the corner. There still weren't very many and they didn't get used as soon as they should have. So in the end it made a small, but VERY delicious batch. I LOVE homemade apricot jam. We got 2 jars and a little container (for the fridge) out of that batch.
Next came the pickles. We have been growing pickling cucumbers in the garden and they have been coming like crazy. When Michael had enough for a batch he made about 5 small jars and one big jar. Today is the day they can be opened and tested. Should be interesting. Hopefully they will be yummy. No matter what it will be educational. Michael has been continually telling me we are learning from things from our "mistakes" and experiences and it takes money to learn.
Then came the peach jam. And it is still coming...this was just the first round.
This is the zucchini bread we made on Sunday. It came out beautiful and yummy! The zucchini was from our garden. We still have lots more zucchini to use! We plan to make a bunch more...There is no other way to really store zucchini. We have been learning what to do with the veggies coming out of the garden and unfortunately a portion of it can't be saved and has to be used, but there is SO much!!Well I am proud of my husband for all he is learning to do...it is nice not to have to do it myself..I dread canning, but he makes it look so simple.
2 comments:
Wow Kristy!! Im very impressed!! You have been busy!! It all looks so yummy!!!! Wish I could try some!!
Looks yummy! You guys have been busy.
Post a Comment