Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Goodbyes

We have been saying goodbyes to a couple of my friends. I have known Rachel 11 1/2 years and I met Shenille 11 years ago. Shenille and her family have already left for Montana where her husband has a job that will allow him to stop travelling. Shenille is VERY excited. Rachel leaves in less than 2 weeks for Spain, to work as an English teacher for 8 months. She is also VERY excited, but stressed getting ready and getting her VISA on time.

Yesterday Rachel came down to Springville to have lunch and hangout for the afternoon. We only got a little while with her because she had dinner plans. But we sure enjoy when she comes down. We left Mathew with a friend and Allison at school and went out to lunch. I sure needed that girl's time. Afterward we did a couple of errands, picked up both kids and had our traditional mint drumsticks. Then Mathew thought that Rachel was here more for him than anything and they played Mario Party 7 on the Gamecube. They had played in May when Rachel was down last and she told him they would play again.
These are just some of the pictures we took yesterday since we won't see her for awhile. The kids wanted to be in a picture too, but Mathew was sad for a little while so we had to do them separately. We sure love Rachel.
Allison took this picture of Rachel and I. I didn't think enough about taking a picture of the three of us (Rachel, Shenille and I), when we last went over to Shenille's and hung out and then said goodbye. I don't think I felt very good that day.
Rachel and Shenille were my unofficial (WONDERFUL) bridesmaids that I couldn't have survived the whole trip to AZ, wedding, preparation without them. To this day I still wish I had made them official bridesmaids.
As unflattering as this picture seems to me I am glad to have it. We took this picture the Summer of 1998 here in Springville actually. My friend Brandon was having his mission farewell. I had met him through my aunt and uncle 13 years ago. I flew up and stayed in Salt Lake with my friends and then we came down for the farewell and then I drove with my aunt and uncle home to AZ. My Aunt and Uncle were living in Washington, but came through Utah (for the farewell) and on to Arizona (for a visit with the family). I think this trip was the first time that I went to Lagoon Amusement park as well. I remember wanting SO much to live up here with these friends of mine. Now I will be the only one in Utah for awhile...We usually go to lunch in February or March to celebrate our birthdays, I guess it will be postphoned for another time when Rachel is back and Shenille comes for a visit. I'm going to miss those guys even if we only got together once or twice a year these last couple of years.


1 comment:

valerie said...

Great pictures Kristy! It's so wonderful to have great friends!