This was the 30 foot high hay slide. One of the ladies told us that the tallest corn stalk ever was 31 feet high, so just higher than this slide. The stairs were made of hay and there were two slides going off either direction. The kids loved it. There were a few bumps into others as more than one went at a time or before the bottom was clear.
This is the other side of the slides. A lot of the kids liked it better, but it had a huge bump that made you lift off the slide a little and bounce back down on your bottom. That is probably why the kids liked it. I only saw one adult go down it. I didn't even think of going, but I probably could have though I would have gone down the other smoother side.
If you look closely Allison is the face in the pig. She was snorting and making faces, so that is why she looks funny.
This is us waiting in line for the hayride. Behind Allison is the trailer of hay we rode on around the field.
This is one of the HUGE sunflowers they grow on the farm. They passed it around and let us hold it and pull out sunflower seeds. I have never seen a huge sunflower up close like this. When you pull out the seed it is in the shell and looks like you would buy at the store when the sunflower seeds are still in their pod. It is pretty cool. I am glad I got to go on the field trip with Allison's class and get to know some of the kids better and the teacher better.
1 comment:
Looks like a fun place. But I have to say that slide on the haystack doesn't look very safe!!!!!
Post a Comment