
Mathew's favorite game right now is U-N-O. He even spells it out when he is asking if we can play. We haven't actually played just uno. We have always played Uno Attack. For awhile we were playing every day, then every other day and now we just do it occasionally. But he still asks almost everyday. So he got Grandpa to play in this picture and many other times. He also played with Grandma, Mom and Dad a couple of times. Allison usually played with whoever Mathew could recruit.

One of my memories from growing up is of my dad playing games with my sisters and I and letting us make the rules. My dad was a good sport with us as kids and he is with my kids too. They were upset they couldn't play one of the big people games with everyone so my dad went in the other room and played Mario Party 6 with the kids. He isn't a real big nintendo player, but he did it for them.

He talked the guys into playing with him. This is Newell, Troy, Allison and Mathew playing. Newell and Troy had never played Uno Attack, only regular Uno. They all enjoyed themselves.
We played a lot of games the whole time we were there. We played the most on Friday afternoon. I think my mom was a bit bored. Here we are playing Rage. It is a version of Oh Heck which we have played for longer than I can remember. It was a lot of fun to play games. I am a game-a-holic. My husband was good to me and played Rage, Trivial Pursuit, Boxers or Briefs, Upwords (a couple of times), and lots of Mario Party 6 with me. Most of the time he doesn't like games, so he was being ESPECIALLY nice to play so many, so often. I sure enjoyed the visit with my family.

One funny thing about the trip was the playing ball out back. My family is made up of 6 girls and my parents. We have never really been a sports family. My dad use to play baseball for the ward at church, but the last time I remember that I had to be like 8 or 9. We watched a little basketball on T.V. from time to time, Stacy played Volleyball in junior high, Jenny plays badminton...just not much of anything at all. We don't watch sports, we are definitely not avid sports fans. So anyway we all ended up out in the backyard (even my mom for a few minutes), tossing around different balls. Emily loves her football and she can throw it pretty well too. I am still not completely sure why she has a football. But nonetheless...Allison wanted to go out back and toss the ball around with Troy and Mathew. Everyone ended up going out. So they were tossing a football, kicking soccer balls, and throwing a tennis ball like a baseball. It was a really bizarre afternoon, but lots of fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment