Thursday, January 31, 2008

When I left...

Last night I had a Young Women's activity. When I left I had a cute curly haired boy:

While I was gone, this occurred:

This is how Michael got Mathew to cooperate:

This is what I had now:


I didn't want Mathew's hair buzzed and Michael has been wanting to cut it for quite awhile. He wanted Mathew to have a short cut. He says we can let it grow back out better now. (Though I am pretty sure he likes it better shorter.) I guess maybe it did need to be cut so it can grow evenly (since I took him to a salon for a trim back in October and it wasn't that great). The front is so short because Mathew's front hairline is farther back on his forehead. I have a feeling he is going to be like the Green side of the family and have a receding hairline. This picture doesn't seem to show how far up his hairline is. I am having a hard time with this buzzing of Mathew's cute curls. I guess I will just have to get use to it.

3 comments:

WX Ences said...

I'm going to have to side with Michael on this one, sorry Kristy, but I like it short. He was cute with the curls, but he looks very boyish with the short haircut.

At least he doesn't look like a cancer patient and you don't have to feel guilty about the sympathetic stares people give you....Quin buzzed his hair off again - to the scalp. It's hideous.

One bonus for us mothers, eventually, it will grow back!

valerie said...

I like it!! It was cute before too but I think Michael did a great job. Wow and he only had to give Mathew a dollar! Hey at least you don't have to brush it anymore. It will always grow out again if you miss the curls.

Blanch Family said...

I loved his curls but I agree that the short looks better. True it will grow back.
Hey I finally broke down and trimmed Mira's bangs. :( Hubby said that if I didn't do it he would! LOL! I wouldn't have handled that very well!