Friday, February 29, 2008

Celebrating a birthday every four years....

My friend Shenille was in her town's newspaper yesterday. Late last summer she moved to a small town in Montana. She sent me a link to this article in her paper. Here is some of what it said:

"Every four years, a few events are worth celebrating n presidential campaigns, the summer Olympics and Shenille Harmon’s birthday.

Friday marks the seventh time she’s actually had birthday cake on the day she was born. While most offer sympathy for her leap year misfortune, she is smart enough to take advantage of it.“I like to celebrate on the twenty-eighth and the first for good measure,” she said. “My husband may grumble, but I remind him my birthday is the day after the twenty-eighth and the day before the first, so it’s always a two or three-day thing.”

Pictured: "Leapling Shenille Harmon with her two children Isaac and Elli. Technically, Shenille has only celebrated the calender day of her birth seven times."

Well I think it is pretty cool that she was in the paper!

HAPPY 7th BIRTHDAY Shenille!

No comments: