Another Easter tradition we have is coloring eggs. We use most of the eggs for potato salad for our Easter dinner. We have ham, potato salad and rolls. We discover a few years ago that you can decorate and color eggs with food coloring. I stayed with mostly basic colors this year. We combined some colors on the eggs themselves. We had orange, purple, red, blue, green, and yellow. But we all know when you combine yellow and blue you also get green, etc...We also used a crayon to draw names or shapes on the eggs before coloring.
We colored 29 eggs and had a bunch more that we couldn't color because they were cracked after cooking. I used those first for the potato salad. So we used a bunch for potato salad and now we are eating them as hard boiled eggs with other food. I may still make some deviled eggs, I haven't decided.
Here are my "twins" happy with the eggs they were able to decorate. Mathew is holding up the one with his name on it.
1 comment:
Cute eggs! We didn't color eggs this year. We did make lots of hard boiled eggs though for potato salad and deviled eggs, my favorite!
I'm glad you guys had a good time!
Post a Comment