Wednesday, November 26, 2008

T-h-a-n-k-s-g-i-v-i-n-g-

Our Family Home Evening this week was on being Thankful.

During the lesson we went through the alphabet taking turns coming up with something we are thankful for, for each letter. Some were more difficult than others, but we made it thru and talked about why we were grateful for the things. As the end activity I had the children write in their journals one word for each letter of "THANKSGIVING" (most were different words than we had talked about during the alphabet time).

Here is Mathew's:

T-Thanksgiving
H-Hats
A-Allison
N-Neck
K-Keaton (a friend in kindergarten)
S-Sun
G-Grapes
I-Ice
V-Viola
I-Ice cream
N-Nose
G-Grandpas

Here is Allison's:

T-Turkey
H-Hallie
A-Atlantic Ocean
N-Naps
K-Kites
S-Serena
G-Giving
I-Icicles
V-Valentine's Day
I-Indoors
N-Nails
G-Grapes

I feel like maybe I should do one as well, since I had the kids do one. So here is some of what I am thankful for:

T-Time, with family and friends and time to myself
H-Health, not being sick and dealing with sickness and other health problems
A-Aunts, mine and my sisters and sister-in-laws for my kids
N-Numbers, being able to do calculations in my head and doing sudoku puzzles
K-Kids, their laughter and hugs and kisses
S-Sisters, need I say more
G-Grandparents, mine and my kids and the love and way they spoil the grandkids
I-Ice cream, I liked Mathew's answer on this one :)
V-Violas, violins and other string instruments, I loved being in orchestra and I enjoy listening to strings play
I-Icicles, I liked Allison's answer on this one, they are so pretty
N-Night time and sleep of course
G-Giving, especially treats to neighbors and friends (and eating extra)

There is so much more I am thankful for this was just the tip of it all. I am thankful for my husband, Allison, Mathew, my family in Arizona and Canada. I am thankful for our home, our running vehicle, my family and my generally good health. I am especially thankful for God as I believe everything I have and can have and this very earth comes from His goodness and love for us...including His Son, Jesus Christ. I am thankful for this time of year when we can focus on family and Jesus!

No comments: