Thursday, December 04, 2008

Hungary Report

The second graders here learn about different countries and each get a turn to do a country report. Allison's was yesterday. We chose Hungary as the country we wanted to do. The students were suppose to tell why they chose the country they did. Allison said, "I did my report on Hungary because my great great grandpa came from Hungary."

The report went well. We did a VERY simple powerpoint presentation and she pointed to the things on the screen and talked about it all. She was totally confident. She was a little quiet, but not too bad.

This picture was taken after the powerpoint and the kids are doing a question time. They all raised their hands with questions. I think that is what their teacher teaches them...to come up with a question to ask. Allison said it was the most hands raised that anyone has had so far.

Over the Thanksgiving weekend my sisters Molly and Emily helped make Hungarian cakes (a family recipe) so that Allison could share them as part of her report. This is an old fashioned recipe that takes hours to make...I think we were at it over 5 hours. THANK YOU SO MUCH Emily and Molly!!!!
We made raspberry, apricot and nut filled. The raspberry was the most popular in class yesterday and we ran out. I had cut a bunch into 3s so that anyone who wanted to try all of them could. But we still ran out of raspberry.
They really are some nice looking Hungarian cakes! So YUMMY!

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Sounds like a report I did in 3/4 grade about Utah...lol. Very Cute! Glad she did a great job!