Monday, December 01, 2008

Thanksgiving Food

Thanksgiving was really good and really busy. About half my family came from Arizona to enjoy it with us. Michael cooked our turkeys. I was worried about having enough and having enough leftovers. So we got about a 15 pounder and a little turkey breast about 10 lbs. We had just about the right amount...there is very little left right now.



Here is the turkey set out ready to eat:

Here is our serving table with LOADS of food...luckily with 5 extra people in the house for the weekend we got thru a lot of it during the original meal and during leftovers.

Here are the homemade rolls...I insisted I wanted butterhorn shaped rolls (I just think they taste better)...so I got some shaped this way and the rest Emily and Molly just did as regular rolls. I love how they look!


Here is my first attempt ever at a homemade apple pie:

It was BEAUTIFUL! Unfortunately we had TONS of pie and I am the only one who was interested in tasting the apple pie. Thank you Valerie for the recipe I got from you years ago!
We ended up with 3 homemade (homegrown) pumpkin pies, a Kentucky pie, an apple pie and a cherry cream cheese pie.
We had TONS of yummy food and LOTS of wonderful company and fun!

No comments: