We went to the same Elementary until halfway thru 5th grade when her mother moved further into Mesa. Our contact was rare but somewhat there.
She moved back to live with her Grandma for the second half of 7th grade. During this time period she attended a Pre-camp and Girl's Camp with me.
Then she moved again and we lost contact, but some of her sisters still lived with their Grandma down the road. I use to have dreams about Angela from time to time and everytime it was during a period when something more major was going on with her. One day when I got home from school my sister told me thru a closed door that Angela was pregnant. I believe it was shortly after her 14th birthday. I didn't have any contact for awhile and one night I dreamt about her. A short time later her Grandma sent me a short note and some pictures of Angela's new little baby girl:
Yesenia.jpg)
A little while down the road, Angela sent this. Her, the baby and the baby's father.

When we were 17 and about to start our Senior Year of High School. She came for a visit (I believe her Grandpa had just died). I remember we hungout for awhile at my house and we went and saw "Fools Rush In" at the dollar theater. That was the last time that I saw her.
Every few years I attempt to find her or make contact of some sort. I don't remember how but about 7 1/2 almost 8 years ago I talked to her on the phone. We were both looking at moving soon and I was 8 or 9 months pregnant with Allison. That was the last time I talked to her. I think I had a working address for a short time but we lost contact yet again.
I ran into her Grandma (who had moved to Payson about 2 hours north) in a Wal-Mart in Payson at the start of a camping trip I was on with my parents and sisters. That was probably around 5 years ago. Nothing came of that, but a reminder of how small the world is sometimes.
Every so often I think about her. I don't dream about her as much anymore. I have always felt we have a special connection and have had one since before this life.
So once again I was looking around online and did a search I hadn't tried before and found her on myspace. I am not a fan of myspace, AT ALL, but anything that I could do to get in contact with her!!! Well I did a friend request and nothing has come of it yet, but I did make contact with her youngest sister Christa (who was probably a toddler at the time we first met). I also found Angela's mother on myspace and saw some pictures that brought tears to my eyes.
Here are a couple:
Yesenia, she is probably 11 or 12 in this picture. I haven't seen her since she was 2. She looks so much like her mother.



1 comment:
I remember Angela, and I remember how important your friendship with her was/is....I'm so glad that you have hopefully found her again!
Post a Comment