Thursday, February 05, 2009

Using Leftovers

I am so happy and "proud" of myself for using some leftover, extra food and not wasting it.

Monday I bought 2 pork roasts for a pretty good price from the local grocery store. I cooked up one in the crockpot and divided the other up into 2 and froze them.

The one I cooked in the crockpot, I served with mashed potatoes, gravy, etc...Yummy meal. Then we had TONS of leftover pork and some gravy. I combined the two and added diced green chilies to make a green chili meat for burritoes. They were SO yummy! I am excited for lunch to have some more!

Then yesterday Michael's work had a soup potluck and he made his pho and took all the extras for it...he brought home cut up onion and it stunk up the fridge. So this morning I took it out and was trying to decide if I should just trash it and then I thought about what I could do with onion. I made my mom's taco meat recipe and used all the onion.

It makes me happy and excited when I find a yummy way to use leftovers that probably won't be eaten or used the way they are or in the amounts they are in.

That's my happiness for the day and it's not even 10 a.m.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

LOL...I love happiness in the morning...earlier the better!

BTW...what's Pho?