Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter

Easter morning we finished reading about Jesus and Easter. We talked about the gift that Jesus gave us by suffering for our sins and dying and being resurrected that we may all be resurrected and forgiven of our sins that we may live with Heavenly Father again. It was neat talking to the kids about it all and reminding myself and them of the importance of the Atonement.

After we finished reading and talking about it all, I gave the kids their Easter baskets which were a gift from us to them, like Jesus' gift to us. The basket/buckets had some books, a chocolate Easter bunny, an Eternal Family bookmark, some Easter pencils and a pocket size hymn book. They LOVE the hymn book and have continually looked at it and they sang out of it at church yesterday.
Michael got a 4x4 rubik's cube and a large print quad set of scriptures. We still need to get him a case, so he didn't use them yesterday at church, but he did last night. I'm glad I got them.
This is one of the things I did with the eggs we colored. I couldn't find my deviled egg platter, so I had to just use a regular platter.


This is a picture of our Easter dinner...unfortunately nobody was very hungry so we had TONS of leftovers.

No comments: