Monday, April 27, 2009

Yummy food for the Baby Shower

Stacy was in charge of the baby shower. Food being the biggest thing to take care of. Thanks for all the hard work Stacy...and Renee. She helped ALOT! We couldn't have done it without her. Friday night after Michael, the kids and I arrived in Mesa, I headed to Stacy's to go to Renee's to prepare some of the food.

Here Stacy is cutting a pineapple...I think this is the first time she has ever cut up pineapple.


I helped debone 2 store bought chickens. Anybody who knows me knows this is quite a feat for me because I don't like to handle chicken like that. But I did it and I survived. :) It was a little bit of a late night but I didn't do nearly as much as Renee and Stacy.

Some of the prep was saved for the day of the baby shower at Molly's house. Here I am putting pieces of frozen spinach into little pastry cups for quiche. I'm not a fan of spinach, but I did it anyway. My mom and Amy both said they thought it looked disgusting and wouldn't have wanted to touch it.

Here is the beautiful spread with the YUMMY food!

A close up on my handiwork. I was pretty proud of my fruit arrangement.


Renee provided this stand to be used. It looked quite nice. The top are cookie type things called Madelines, the middle is Quiche Lorraine and the bottom is just a Quiche.


Here is a close up on some of the table decorations we used. The theme was jungle animals and my mom found these cute little jungle candles and they made nice little favors on the table. Plus there was jungle confetti and jungle napkins.

More fruit and another jungle candle.
We especially love the tuxedo brownies...they are to the right above the strawberries. They are a brownie cup with some powder sugar, cream cheese mixture inside and a raspberry on top with chocolate drizzled over it. I didn't eat the raspberry (I don't like raspberries), but otherwise it was DELICIOUS!

No comments: