Michael and Dad worked on the evaporative cooler off and on for 3 days and FINALLY got it all up and running and running well. My dad also installed 3 ceiling fans (one in each of the bedrooms, ours already had one). He also helped with a few other miscellaneous things and lots of advice. I am thankful for the handymen in my life and I'm thankful my dad would give up time and make the effort to come and help us out!
While they were here my mom and I also figured out some of the upcoming baptism stuff (which will bring them back up here in about 3 weeks). We found and mom bought Allison a beautiful white dress, we found a few other birthday gifts for Allison and also talked about the food for the luncheon afterwards. It was nice to have my parents here to talk to, go to stores with and get advice and such from. I really enjoyed their visit and the chance we had to just sit around and talk about different things. Plus I LOVE watching my kids' grandparents (both sides) interact with them. (Though it makes discipline a little difficult sometimes, heehee).
Here are some of the pics from our 4th of July:

My dad helped out and cooked for us because Michael was still trying to get that silly evap. cooler running. The food was yummy!
During the day I found Allison like this, in capri pants and her black boots. I asked her why and she said, "What I couldn't find my flip flops." She owns 2 pairs of flip flops and a couple of different sandals and some slip on sneaker shoes...so you tell me, why boots? She was just silly I guess.
My parents LOVE to do home fireworks. They aren't allowed in AZ where we are from, so whenever they are in town for the 4th or the 24th they love to set them off. I enjoy them too! So do the kids. It isn't the same novelty for Michael but I think he enjoys them overall!
Here is the finished "damage." My parents bought a pack of different fireworks and some spinning flowers (they love those especially) and set off all the pack and 30 of the flowers.
We also did some sparklers, which is another favorite of my mom's. I liked the pictures with the camera and sparklers better without the flash even though you can't see the people well.When it was time we all went and watch the fireworks from BYU that were going on for the Stadium of Fire. It was a good time, but late.
My parents left early this morning and we were sad to see them go, but we will see them and more soon!
Now back to our normal broadcasting station...it is a little strange. We have been around family and more people for almost 2 weeks. Now I need to try to get back to unpacking, cleaning, etc...
No comments:
Post a Comment