Saturday, December 26, 2009

Heeeerrrrreeee's.....

Meet Nicholas Rudolf King...I looked at him and could only think Nicholas, even though that hadn't really been a name we were thinking of. I had been leaning toward Benjamin or Andrew for a long time...every time I had heard Nicholas I was ok with it, but it didn't strike me as anything great or anything negative. But like I said I just saw him as Nicholas almost from the beginning and couldn't think of him as anything else. For our kids I like to give them a middle name that has special meaning. The name Rudolf comes from his great grandfather Rudolf Mader (Opa) on his dad's side. Opa passed away almost 2 years ago, but he was a wonderful grandfather for Michael and his siblings. We love Opa! I have been wanting to use Rudolf and pay respect to Opa all along.

So yes it may all sound a bit Christmas-y but none of it was intentional and we are happy to have our little Nicholas with us!! He was a wonderful Christmas present and a wonderful reminder of the birth of Jesus this time of year. We feel greatly blessed!

3 comments:

Alveybunch said...

Nicholas is a great name! Again congrats, he sure looks sweet in his stocking! Cute picture!

valerie said...

He is sooooo cute!!! Congratulations King Family!!!

Jennie said...

Congrats! I was wondering if the Christmasy name was intentional...but hey if it just works out that way, it's cute! I wonder if he'll stay Nicholas or get shortened to Nick...the same could be said for Matthew too! Congrats again hun!