Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me

Happy 30th Birthday to me. It hasn't been as depressing or hard on me as my 25th was. Of course it is still weird for me because it is a new and older decade and all. My mom said her 30th was hard on her and my grandma said her 30th wasn't too bad for her because it was the year she had my mom...I think that is probably why it isn't so bad for me...I have Nicholas and am sleep deprived and life is a little crazy so I am probably not as focused on getting older.
I am sad that I don't have one of my two birthday buddies here to go out and celebrate and be silly with this year. Hopefully we can still get together sometime this year and I can still celebrate with Rachel. She tried to stop by yesterday and I was out (luckily we'll see her Sunday for the baby blessing), but it was fun to come home to a gift bag of stuff from her and a bag of chocolates from another friend.

I also got LOTS of phone calls and facebook posts wishing me a happy birthday.
Michael was SO good to me this year. I asked for homemade pizza, using my mom's bread dough recipe and to have a friend and her family over for games and pizza on Saturday. It involved some major cleaning and preparing and the bread recipe takes a bunch of work. But he did it and it all went really well. Here is one of the pizza's we made:


The pizza was yummy and the company was fun. The kids were way crazy, but that's ok.

I sure enjoyed playing a game and sitting around talking.

We also had enough dough to make some rolls, which worked out perfectly because my mother-in-law and father-in-law made a surprise visit and we went to my sister-in-law Judy's house for dinner Sunday night and took the rolls. Yummy homemade rolls!

Yesterday morning (my b-day) Judy asked me what yummy treat I wanted for my birthday...another perfect gift! I decided on cinnamon rolls. DELICIOUS!! Thank you Judy!!


Michael also took the day off to spend with me. I was hoping to sleep in, but it didn't work out this year...oh well. Michael and I ended up running around doing a couple of errands, going to some stores and having lunch...oh and a YUMMY DQ Blizzard.

I couldn't have asked for more perfect gifts, chocolate, pizza, good friends and family, "alone" (w/baby) time with my husband, lunch out, BEAUTIFUL sunny day, cinnamon rolls, a blizzard, phone calls and emails of love :). I also got a card and some stamps from one of my sisters who wrote in her letter it was the only economical way to could try and help me be closer to the family. It was very sweet!

So all in all 30 has started out pretty darn good! Hope it holds throughout the year!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Yeah...30 had to happen sometime. I'm not too far behind so I'm with ya. Do you ACTUALLY feel like thirty? I sure as heck don't...except the trouble I'm havin' with my hips...LOL now that did sound like thirty!! Glad to hear you had a nice peaceful birthday...here's to many more!

Janene said...

I am glad that you had a wonderful birthday!!! Looking forward to seeing you on Sunday and excited to read that Rachel will be there also. Luv ya, girl :)