We had an Easter egg hunt with the cousins here. It was a tradition on my dad's side of the family growing up and it is one I have done with my kids for the last bunch of years, so it was fun to include cousins and have more kids searching for eggs this year. I fill plastic eggs with candy, toys and coins. This year each kid got to find 10 smaller eggs and 1 bigger one with their name on it. I wasn't able to find the big eggs we usually use for each child so I had to make do with a big regular egg and wrote their names on it.
Mathew finding an egg.Then that night we decorated eggs as a family. I bought a package this year for the first time and decided I like using food coloring better!
I bought a tie dye package this year and it wasn't that great. You could only color one egg at a time and the process was a little complicated, plus they just didn't look as good. They did look a little cooler after sitting in the fridge all night. Guess I'll just stick with food coloring!
I bought a tie dye package this year and it wasn't that great. You could only color one egg at a time and the process was a little complicated, plus they just didn't look as good. They did look a little cooler after sitting in the fridge all night. Guess I'll just stick with food coloring!Then the next morning the kids and family received our Easter baskets (I really didn't want to take it all up to Canada with us). Mathew didn't care when he got it, he was VERY excited!
The kids got a word search book, a dvd, some mad libs and a few other fun stuff. And of course a chocolate Easter bunny. I didn't do well on the spiritual side of things this year for the Easter baskets, but I figured since it was the weekend before and not actually on Easter that it would be okay this year.
The kids got a word search book, a dvd, some mad libs and a few other fun stuff. And of course a chocolate Easter bunny. I didn't do well on the spiritual side of things this year for the Easter baskets, but I figured since it was the weekend before and not actually on Easter that it would be okay this year.We also had our traditional Easter dinner and invited the Smith family (Judy) to join us for ham, potato salad, fruit salad and Judy brought some rolls. Somehow we TOTALLY forgot the corn and other veggies...oops.
As a family we talked about the importance of Easter the next week and I love that my kids are able to answer questions and help tell the story of Jesus' sacrifice for us and that He was risen after 3 days and that we can all live again because of Him. Mathew also knows and has demonstrated he knows that because Jesus suffered for us and felt everything we have felt, we can pray and ask for help with things that scare us. I am thankful for the gospel and the guidance we have as we raise and teach our children. And I am thankful for the knowledge that Jesus' knows what I am feeling and knows how to help me.



No comments:
Post a Comment