We have a family recipe for a sweet crepe (known by a different name). When we were in Canada for their Thanksgiving one of my sister-in-laws made crepes for a family brunch and used a crepe maker she had borrowed. Michael and I were talking about it somewhat recently and decided to look into buying one.
We found a decent one for a decent price just before my birthday so we went for it. Unfortunately Michael wasn't home when I first tried it out so it a bit tricky to figure out and experiment with on my own. If you have ever tried it out you know it is a tricky machine. You take the crepe maker and turn it upside down so that the cooking area is able to be laid in the crepe mixture. You then pull it out and a thin layer of batter remains on the crepe maker. I then set it back on the base and a light turns on and goes off when the crepe is finished.
So this was the first crepe I made...totally UGLY, but still delicious and I got better as I went.
Here is a crepe cooking. After the light goes out you loosen the sides of the crepe and turn it upside down and it falls right onto the plate.
Here's our big ol' stack of crepes...I tripled the recipe.
The recipe I have and used is pretty sweet, so fruit was a good choice. Another time I'd like to try a different recipe with less sugar and use some more savory fillings.
All in all a good purchase.
No comments:
Post a Comment