Allison chose her things first and then showed them to me so I could double check it all.
1. Horse...she put in a plastic horse that is one of her favorites. She owns many toy horses and has LOVED horses since she was way little.
2. A horse puzzle...she enjoys doing puzzles and going along with her LOVING horses, she chose this specific puzzle.
3. Poster of her and Mathew...She said she took this one because it is of pictures of her and Mathew with Guitar Hero guitars and she likes Guitar Hero. I think it's also because Mathew is one of her best friends and the poster her aunt made from the pictures looks pretty cool!
4. A book...she really enjoys reading and we discussed some different options of books she could take. In the end she chose the copy of Tale of Despereaux that we own that my sister and brother in law gave them a couple of years ago. The copy is pretty awesome because the book is put together so the pages look old fashioned.
5. Canadian Flag...I added this to her bag after telling her because her dad being from Canada is a big part of who she is.
6. Pictures...this was one option of telling a little more about the student. Allison and I talked about it and chose some good ones. A family picture (just are immediate family, Allison, her two brothers and her parents), her on the orange slide at 7 Peaks, her jumping off the pier at Payson Lakes, her snowboarding and one of her with her littlest brother who she just loves and who just LOVES her on my dad's 3 wheeler when we were up at the Land.
I think this is a fun/good idea for a teacher to do in the beginning of the year to help get to know her students and also for the students to get to know each other. It has kind of made me start to think about what I would put in a bag for me and what things and pictures tell about who I am. Maybe someday I'll do a Kristy Me Bag post.
No comments:
Post a Comment