I find it helpful to remind myself (especially during the month of November) of things that I am grateful for and of blessings I have.
#1 I am grateful for electricity. Ours was out for a couple of hours this morning and it reminded me once again of how much I depend on it. It runs our heater-furnace, washer/dryer, fridge, television, radio, internet and computer and MUCH, MUCH more.
This summer I was at my parents' house in AZ when the electricity was out for many hours. It was a good reminder then of the emergency type things we should have on hand. I am thankful I am in UT instead of AZ today without electricity. I can curl up under a warm blanket and be fine. Trying to cool of during this summers outage in AZ wasn't so easy!
#2 I am thankful I can visit my family often and have them come to me from time to time. I really am blessed that even though I am about 11 hours away from my family I am still able to make the trip to see them fairly often. This year already I have made 3 trips down and most of my family came up here once too.
No comments:
Post a Comment