Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Thoughts

What would you do if you knew you couldn't fail?

This question has been going around in my head lately. At first I was thrilled with the idea and the potential. There would be no fear of failure and the possibilities were endless...become anything I want, any profession, an expert at any hobby. Mostly I think I was excited about the lack of fear of failure...that's probably what holds me back far too often.

Then my brain tried to think more about what I would actually do. Then some of the more common desires of being a better mom, wife and woman and keeping a perfect house, all came to mind. But as I started thinking of those things, I thought well those things are potentially obtainable with effort. So the question gets me thinking...does that mean anything is possible in the first place. Sometimes you may fail, but practice makes perfect and persistence is necessary.

Those thoughts took away some of the fun wonder of the original question. I know perseverance is important and effort is necessary but I do enjoy the "dreaming" possibility that the question posed.

2 comments:

Taylor and Judy said...

I like this Kristy, very wise thinking :)

Janene said...

My first thought while reading your post was how does one choose an area to pursue.

Yet, as I continued reading, I realized that "failure" actually is an opportunity to learn and become better. I am not sure if I want that opportunity to be taken away from me.

As you said, the more that we practice different areas in our lives that we will improve and become better. So it is a combination of practice and "failing" that allows us to improve our current course.

Thanks for sharing such a mind provoking question along with your thoughts!!!