I have been thinking about ideas for helping my kids enjoy reading more through the summer. Plus I love accomplishing goals and I want my kids to find it fun to accomplish some reading goals this summer. So this blog will just be some of what is in my head and ideas for goals and rewards.
I want to keep a list of all the books we read this summer. I would also like to make a goal to read 100 books this summer between all of us (including reading to Nicholas). I was thinking about rewards per so many pages read...I may want to do different goals for each child. Maybe have a separate goal for each child. Allison would read more. Allison and Mathew given page # goals, and for us all and Nicholas have a certain # of pages to read to him. Maybe even a reward set for so many pages and after each book.
Possible rewards could be: meals out, frozen yogurt, money, dollar store trips with $, small toys, water balloon fight, water party, late nights, redbox/netflix/library movie of their choice, choose a meal to be made at home, choose a box of popsicles.
I could have them earning "$" or points that is just for this program this summer. So many points or money would give them a chance to "purchase" a reward of their choosing. I am wondering if I should make a game board type thing to help us reach our goal. Maybe a combo of the two ideas.
More to come later...
No comments:
Post a Comment