Monday, August 06, 2007

Happy Anniversary


Well this was us on our wedding day at the temple. Actually this is us the day before we got marrried getting pictures taken. On our wedding day we got married in the middle of the day in August in Arizona...so we had pictures taken the morning of the day before we got married. It was still hot by 8 or 8:30 when we finished. Michael is standing on a step in this picture so he looks so much taller.
This was on the wedding day before the reception. My mom did most of the work to put together the wedding because I lived in another state and was pretty easy going and let her do whatever. It is a beautiful dress and I love it, the funny thing is my mom picked it out and bought it before I even saw it. Glad it worked out, right?!!?! The one thing I remember about that day and the dress was that it was tight in the arms enought that hugging people was a little difficult and would rub on my arms, so my sister was constantly helping me put lotion on around the sleeve and the arm.
This is me and the bouquet. When I chose the colors for my wedding, I said blues. Nothing real specific. I wasn't too picky. I liked blue. Well it was decided my flowers would be royal colors, like royal blue, red and green. It all worked out nicely. I guess if I had to do it again I would be a little picker about specifics, but overall it just doesn't matter too much. Eight years later we are married, in the temple, have two cutie kids and I don't remember many details of that day or the reception. What I do remember could possibly be pulled from pictures and movie footage from that day.

This is one picture I am really glad that I have. I have always liked it, but I liked it even more after I lost my wedding ring years ago. Now I wear just a basic band (which is practical). I wish I still had that ring. I am not exactly sure where it ended up. I just know it was lost during a trip to Arizona that Allison and I made when she was really little. It was freak that it got lost because I didn't hear it drop and hit anything and I am constantly pushing down on both sides of my ring with my thumb. It is a habit I just do.

It amazes me that it has been 8 years. Two more and we hit one of the milestone years. I am hoping we can do something extra special for #10.

3 comments:

Blanch Family said...

Beautiful pictures.

Annie said...

it is amazing it has been 8 years. that means I have known you for 8 years! how the time flies.

valerie said...

Congratulations on 8 years. It seems like just yesturday we were neighbors at Lilac Place!!! Where does the time go!!