You move away and lose your tan... and you didn't think you had a tan.
When you would rather take a chance at being struck by lightening rather than miss dancing in the rain.
When you don't find it odd that its sunny yet raining.
You see someone driving wearing oven mitts and you think that is brilliant (I think I said this one before, but it is SO true...I wish I had thought of that).
You saw the movie "Cars" and it reminded you of home.
Water is provided for free at any and all food locations.
When you move away to college and have to buy a completely new wardrobe because you don't own anything that will keep you even close to warm enough.
You've run over a rattlesnake with your car, bike, or go-ped.
You think that a high of 90 makes for a comfortable summer day.
You can tell there's going to be a dust storm hours beforehand by the slight difference in the color of the sky.
It's normal to be bright and sunny in the morning and storming in the afternoon.
You travel out of state and realize that not all buildings come with Air Conditioners.
You get tan lines on your feet from your flip flops.
When streets flood just because of two hours of rain.
When what most people would call weeds we call a nice lawn.
You know who Chief Yellowhorse is...but have never stopped to get any of his buffalo jerky. "ol' chief sez turn back now!" (I LOVE THOSE SIGNS, but they have removed a bunch).
You see puddles in the wash and say "there's water in the river."
You've lived in Arizona your whole life and have never been to the Grand Canyon (I think this one was on the last list too, but it is so true).
You can't stand layering your clothes.
When you say you have to mow the lawn, you mean mow the weeds.
You know you're from Arizona when you do not understand the concept of an indoor swimming pool.
You've had a tumbleweed stuck to the front of your car.
You've never had to rake leaves/shovel snow. (No longer true...)
You know your from AZ when you go to a school out of state and wonder why the school has indoor hallways and you don't walk outside to get from class to class.
You gloat about going home, where it is more than likely NOT snowing.
You hate daylight savings time. Actually this only applies if you no longer live in AZ and are now experiencing daylight savings.
Someone asks you about the sand storms in Arizona and you are confused. Sand in Arizona? Oh, you mean dust storms, yeah we get those.
If you avoid touching the metal part of a seat belt.
1 comment:
I love these Kristy!! Thanks for a good laugh!!! I would trade anything for some warmer weather right now.
Post a Comment