We are unable to go camping this weekend in Arizona because the temperatures will be WAY cold and there will be rain and possible snow for the majority of the weekend. What in the world is going on? A week ago I was telling the kids that Seven Peaks opens in a week and I couldn't believe it was so soon and that the weather would be ready for that...then we had some REALLY warm days, Michael got the fans out and the evaporative cooler up and running and I thought ok, I can see it being time for Seven Peaks to open. Then the weather turns and it is cold and wet AGAIN! The forecast for the mountains where we were going to camp was even colder and wetter with possible snow, than it is at our house in Utah.
I was dying for Spring. We have had a couple of good sunny and warmer Spring type days in the last couple of months...but it never last long and is immediately followed by COLD, gray and yucky days! Now that we are talking about the end of May the temps should be soaring, but no once again we have a cold, and yucky storm front coming through. That not only affects us here at home, but now it has ruined our vacation in AZ of all places. Arizona is the hot state and though the mountains are a higher elevation, I didn't expect to have my weekend ruined by bad cold and possibly snowy weather.
Growing up we went camping every memorial day and labor day come chicken pox, staples almost thru the eye, rain, no fires allowed, road closures and more. Now the weather has put up a wall and ruined the trip.
Thanks for listening to my ranting and raving...I think I feel a little better.
No comments:
Post a Comment