Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering September 11th


When something BIG that has a HUGE impact happens, I have heard people recall what they were doing at the time they heard the "news." Well 7 years ago I was a brand new mother with a little baby girl. I remember I was feeding Allison on my bed and had turned the little 13" t.v. on in our room. I remember calling for my sister Amy (who lived with us at the time) to come see what the t.v. was saying. I remember turning the t.v. on in the morning like that was an odd thing for me to do. I remember the heavy sadness I felt that day as something SO awful and strange had happened. It seemed impossible and unreal.
Seven years later, I pause to remember the event and feel for the families and friends who were lost that day during that awful and unreal event. May Heavenly Father continue to bring comfort to those who lost someone during 9/11, seven years ago!

No comments: