One of my growing up memories includes my dad and baseball. When we were younger he played on a ward team. He taught my sisters and I lot about baseball/softball. I still love "playing catch" with a baseball (tennis ball or any ball about that size). I use to bat really well, don't know how well I would do now. Anyway, so Allison and Mathew have been playing around with the bat and ball for the last week or so. Allison had been throwing the ball up and hitting it with the bat and then running in a large circle. Allison would run in the circle to get back to the bat before Mathew grab the ball and got back to the bat. It was pretty cute.
So this weekend while my parents were in town the kids convince grandpa to go play ball in the backyard. He helped them stand and hold the bat better. He also got them to hit the ball from a pitch and to pitch to one another. Obviously we still need to work and it a bit, but the kids have gotten better and it is fun to have that memory with a parent or grandparent.
Plus Mathew wants to bat a LOT more now!

No comments:
Post a Comment